Thursday 3 March 2011

My placement in Brazil

I found out what my placement will be in Salvador. I will be working at the Mother Teresa - Missionaries of Charity daycare and home for the Elderly. Some of the volunteer duties will be playing with the kids, doing activities with them and assist the sisters with the children's daily routine, organizing art & crafts projects for the elderly ladies. I very much look forward to the volunteer work, it will be quite a change from sitting behind a computer all day.
There are a total of 9 participants in Salvador and I am the only one coming from Europe, everyone else is American. We will all stay at the Cross Cultural Solutions group house in the Barra neighborhood of Salvador. The other day, we had a conference call with the volunteers and everyone is very excited about the trip.
I have started to pack as I will be leaving for Brazil on Saturday. The first stop will be Ubatuba where I will be visiting my friends Renata & Vincent and their little daughter Liv. Ubatuba is a beautiful place along the coast between Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. It is surrounded by Atlantic rain forest and there are many beautiful bays and even more beautiful beaches and if you get lucky, you can swim with a green turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment